.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Biopsy Results

Professor Foster called me on Tuesday evening. Andrew, my husband, listened in to the conversation and made notes for me. It's strange that you listen to a conversation but don't 'hear' alot of what is said. Andrew made copious notes when we went to London to see Prof Foster for the first time - there was no way I could have taken in everything.

"It's good news", said Prof Foster, "the biopsy results show that you are at Stage 1 (we had secretly thought it would be Stage 3 - no reason just a gut feel) and because of your low Viral Load Count (18,000) you have choices".

I could sit tight and do nothing. This is, after all, a very slow progessing disease. He told us that there are no new drugs on the horizon ie 3-5 yeears and that my chances of 'beating' the virus would go down by 10% for every 10 years I waited. On the other hand, with my biopsy results, I had a good chance of knocking it on its head by doing the treatment.

I have read so many dreadful things about the treatment side effects. I mentioned these to the professor and he said that there are folk out there who don't suffer so much but they also don't write about it either. He more or less said that 20% had a bad time, 20% felt not so good and the remainder had a fairly easy time.

I am not even on treatment yet and I feel constantly irritable, full of rage, constantly tired, totally lethargic and my hair is falling out. What chance do I have of having an easy time of it? Mind you, the cats hair is falling out too so mayble that has something to do with the season....

I knew before I had put the telephone down that I had to do the treatment. It's part of my personality - I'm a do'er. I don't want to look back in 10 years and think 'if only'. So, I slept on it and next morning woke up feeling exactly the same. I have to give it a go. I emailed Professor Foster and we plan to start the treatment after my Easter holiday. I feel very positive!

3 Comments:

  • Hi Tink,
    Caught your comment on Wendys` site.
    I had heard, and this is probably nearer the truth, that 20% can`t stand the tx at all and quit, 20% have an easy time and the other 60%just slog it out.
    Your pre-tx symptoms are the same as mine.
    You feel shit anyway, what have you got to lose.

    See you blogging around

    Paul.

    By Blogger Paul, at 1:47 pm  

  • my husband has been on the treatment for a week and cant take anymore

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 pm  


  • I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    By Blogger MATINA, at 10:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home