.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Monday, February 28, 2005

Decision Time

I made up my mind to go ahead and have the treatment. I start on April 4th - a month today.
I live on this small island of 75,000 people and now I am worrying about how ill I am going to look. Is that stupid or what? This time last year I was the fundraiser for a local charity so I do get recognised on a daily basis around the town. I normally worry about whether or not I have lippy on and now will I have to walk around town with a paper bag over my head....how bad is it going to be? Will I even want to go out? At the moment I play bridge twice a week - will I be able to continue to do this with a foggy brain (and a brown paper bag over my head)? Lots of questions and I just have to wait and see for the answers. Nothing is going to put me off though - I have to go through with this!

2 Comments:

  • Tink,
    Hi, your posting made me laugh. I dont think you will need a paper bag. I met Ron Metcalfe today (a fellow blogger see http://ronmetcalfe.com/blog/)
    and he looks fine. As you know I started my treatment today so watch my blog for developments, I hope to put in more stuff for girls. Hope it's OK if I add a link to your blog from mine.
    I look forward to reading through all of your postings later when I have had a little rest.
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy Kay, at 2:40 pm  

  • Hi Tink,

    I followed a link to your blog from Wendy's.

    I guess the requirement or not for a brown paper bag depends on how ugly you look now. Seriously treatment effects people in very different ways for me one of the very pleasing things is that people who know I am on treatment have a habit of telling me how well I look. I can tell they are genuinely surprised, but then so am I as like you I was completely petrified about starting.

    You have some time now to start planning for treatment, if you don't already have a healthy diet then think about sorting it out. When you are on treatment you will need to drink a lot of water (I drink 8-12 pints a day but then I am a fairly large chap) it might be worth getting used to the increased water intake early.

    I am 9 weeks into treatment, and physically still fit, swimming, weight training and working full time. I have developed a bit of skin rash which is annoying but aside from that I still look gorgeous. So no brown paper bag for me, though should Vivienne Westwood bring out a range of brown paper bags for men then I may reconsider.

    I treat myself on a very regular basis, I have a heavy swedish massage which helps to eliminate toxins, I also treat myself to a facial every week for no better reason than I figure I deserve it.

    I wish you the very best of luck.

    Jonathan
    www.hepcfight.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Jonathan Colam, at 9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home