.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Armaments

On Saturday, Andrew and his work colleagues had planned one of these ‘team building’ events at the Go Kart track and I went along to watch. It was a nice sunny day and everyone had a lot of fun. Andrew was really chuffed as his team won and he, personally, had managed the best lap time. He’s always fancied himself as a little ‘Schumi’. We went for lunch and I managed to get a very nice tuna salad followed by strawberries so not too much strain put on the old liver. When we got home I was feeling so tired that I went straight to bed and fell asleep. It was pure chance that I got woken – prematurely, it felt – at 7:30pm. I could have slept straight through until morning, I’m sure.

Am I feeling so tired because my body is fighting the virus on other fronts? If this is the case, then I’m sure the body, if the not brain, will be delighted to see reinforcements in the form of tx in 4 weeks time. Without doubt, I would prefer to have reinforcements in the shape of a laser guided missile but guess I’m stuck with the bows and arrows!

Today is Mother’s Day and we are meeting friends for lunch. I received a very nice card from our god daughter and another one from the cats – thank you OJ and Jordan!

3 Comments:

  • Hi Tink,
    Jonathan commented on my blog that 90% of the virus is killed by the first injection of Interferon. I checked with my nurse this morning and she confirmed that although the actual percentage is uncertain "a large percentage of the virus is killed at the start of treatment". I thought you would like to know that. Those ol' viruses dont know whats coming, That first injection is 'the bomb'.
    love
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy Kay, at 10:25 am  

  • Hi Tink,

    You compare interferon and ribavirin to bows and arrows, I see it more as nuclear guided missiles. You know they are a bad thing but you also know that only cockroaches survive.

    Jonathan

    By Blogger Jonathan Colam, at 8:33 am  


  • I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    By Blogger MATINA, at 10:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home