.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

2nd injection - only 46 to go!

Monday Morning
I woke up at 8am and immediately felt tired. Not too surprising really, as I’d had quite a busy weekend. I had continued to move furniture from one room to another and then decided that both rooms should have a Spring clean while I was at it. We didn’t finish until late Saturday afternoon and there was only time for a short break (long enough to sit in the ‘new’ room and critique the endeavours) before it was time to get ready to go out. We were going out to dinner with friends which usually entails a lot of laughs, a lot of wine and a late night. I have made a point all week of sticking fairly rigidly to the same time for taking the medication so I took my Ribs with me and discretely swallowed them at the appropriate time. I hasten to add that I stuck to water all evening. We were up at dawn on Sunday to beat the tide to the Tower and this was followed by a good stint in the garden. Sunday was such a lovely day that we finished it off by taking my car for a spin – it needed a good run to get battery recharged – we finished up having cappuccino on the promenade. The sea lapped at the sea wall and there we were looking at the very Tower we had walked to that morning.

So, it was not surprising I felt tired when I woke up on Monday morning….

I was deliberating on rolling over and catching a few more winks, when I suddenly remembered they were delivering the new kitchen floor. This was enough to galvanise me into action and my tiredness was soon forgotten. At 5:45pm I did my second injection. I went for the right hand midriff this time. No problems and again, no mark. I am having to make a mental note of where I’m doing them as there’s not even a pin prick to be seen. We had dinner and I stayed up until 11pm – I didn’t feel very tired but went to bed anyway and eventually dropped off at about 12:30 – mainly because of the election drone that was dribbling out of the TV.

Tuesday
I had quite a short night last night. I usually sleep for a good 8 hours and I was awake at 5:30am. I didn’t get up though as although I was awake, my eyes felt tired. I’ve got a business meeting lunch today and then I’m meeting a girlfriend for coffee. She and her husband were in Phuket during the Tsunami and, thank God, they were one of the lucky ones and they both survived. By coincidence I watched a Tsumani follow-up programme on TV last night. It showed a couple who had lost their little boy and my heart just broke for them. It makes my troubles seem like a drop in the ocean.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Tink,

    Only takes a little look around to show us that maybe things could be much worse. Working at the hospital, I see things that make me realize just how lucky I am, on a daily basis. Perspective matters.

    Thanks for your comment on my blog. Can't believe you're on so high a dose of interferon!

    Sue

    By Blogger Sue, Toronto, at 1:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home