.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

4 down

The fourth injection – just don’t know where the time has gone, it seems to have flown by. Without wishing my life away, I hope the next forty four weeks go by as quickly!

I have written my article for the local newspaper and hope to get it published asap. My objectives have been to make folk more aware of Hepatitis C but really it is aimed at other heppers who live locally and have, perhaps like me, been advised to keep quiet. They might not be as fortunate in having access to the internet and the array of information that provides. They may be feeling lonely, scared and angry just like I was. I decided to put my name to the article too – I want to stand behind my words and stand up for what I believe. I could not have done this without Andrew’s total support. I expect my ‘coming out’ with affect him more than myself as he is quite well known within the financial institutions here. Neither of us see any point in writing the article anonymously. I don’t expect life will be all sweetness and light after publication – I guess I am in for a few surprises but I’m ready for that. At least I shall find out who my true friends are.

We are off to Fuerteventura next week and I’m so looking forward to soaking up some sunshine. As I write this, the rain is pouring down and the fog horn is droning away. So to make things more cheery I have the suitcase ready and waiting and I have even sorted out my holiday clothes– I usually pack the night before! It is surprising how a bit of promised sunshine can be so motivating……

7 Comments:

  • Hi Tink,
    I think you are very brave to stand up and be counted!
    Hope you enjoy your holiday. Don't forget the advice about taking syringes and needles on aircraft!
    Martin

    By Blogger MartinB, at 4:53 pm  

  • Hi Tink,

    Congtatulations on finishing your article. I respect your bravery. Let us know if there's any way that we can link to it, once it's published!

    Vacation in sun sounding SOOO good! Sue

    By Blogger Sue, Toronto, at 2:47 am  

  • WELL DONE WELL DONE WELL DONE, I HAVE NOTHING BUT ADMIRATION FOR YOU, I WAS MEANT TO DO AN ARTICAL FOR THE PRESS ABOUT A YEAR AGO BUT CHICKENED OUT. YOU ARE VERY BRAVE ONCE AGAIN WELL DONE.
    STEVE

    By Blogger steve, at 8:53 pm  

  • Hi Tink
    Fantastic stuff! It is very courageous of you to write this article and put your name to it - awareness is so important and yet we are so hidden at the moment. Perhaps as more and more of us take that step, it will in turn enable more and more of us to do so! I haven't had the courage yet but am gathering hope from people like you that I may have one day
    Hope it goes really well
    Lu

    By Blogger lu, at 10:41 am  

  • Thank you all for your kind comments. I have sent the article off to the Editor but have not heard further. I can only hope now that it is put to good use and not hidden in the classified pages. I will let you know....
    Thanks again!
    Tink

    By Blogger Tink, at 6:42 pm  

  • Hi Tink,
    You have come a long way since starting treatment. I hope your 'coming out' goes well, its liberating when you do it. Nurse has enlisted a promise of help from me with her 'HepC Awareness bus' project which will be in September so I am likely to get more exposure soon too. I hope you have a great holiday in the sun.
    hugs
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy Kay, at 7:35 am  

  • Coole Website. Schaut doch mal bei uns vorbei! Haben erst neue Bilder von unseren Rottweiler-Welpen reingestellt. Ansonsten finden Ihr auch Infos zu den Themen german rottweiler dog und german rottweiler dog. Viele Grüsse!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home