.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Friday, April 01, 2005

The count down

I must be home – it’s pouring with rain and the fog horn is sounding off in the harbour. I had a great holiday and I’ve come back feeling well and rested – there’s nothing better than a bit of sun in your old bones! Apart from eating well and soaking up the sunshine, I also managed to do a bit of clothes shopping but the best bit was spending a whole week not centred around my virus – I almost forgot about it!

I got back to find an email and letter from the Professor reminding me about Monday next – ONLY 3 days to go! I’ve decided to make the most of feeling well so have organised a bbq on Sunday (rain or shine) and have invited some friends over. Perhaps it’s a case of just keeping busy…….
We fly to London on Monday morning but my appointment isn’t till late Monday afternoon – I shall have time to do a bit more ‘real’ shopping, perhaps get my nails done and stock up on Rise and Shine muffins from Starbucks. I don’t know how long the appointment is going to take and it really doesn’t matter too much as we are not going to try and rush back on the evening flight. My good friend Beverly has loaned me her flat again (thanks toots!) so if I suddenly get the onset of flu symptoms I can curl up and go to sleep in familiar surroundings. We have a bit of time to kill on Tuesday morning before flying home but don’t suppose I’ll feel much like shopping….

On a happier note, I am planning already to take another sunny break in about four weeks – 48 weeks of this treatment seems an awfully long time so I’m going to break it up into little chunks. Perhaps the treatment won’t seem as bad if it’s sunny outside?

9 Comments:

  • Welcome back, Tink.
    All the best for Monday.
    Having a weekend break with Sarah. Looking forward to no blogging, no tx. You are absolutely right about getting away.

    Paul.

    By Blogger Paul, at 7:27 pm  

  • Hi Tink,

    Good to have you back, and glad to hear you had a good holiday. I found having my holiday certainly helped. Paul and I have a week away in about 4 weeks too, we are going to Taba in Egypt.

    The idea of breaking treatment up into stages is the only way to get through it. Initially I was taking one day at a time, gradually I began to think in terms of a week and gave myself different milestones each day.

    I think you are cruel to leave us hanging with a limp description of clothes shopping - come one tell us what did you buy?

    Good luck for Monday.

    Jonathan

    By Blogger Jonathan Colam, at 8:51 pm  

  • well Jonathan..only if you insist. I bought a great lime green gypsy skirt made in Italy with all the matching bits... top, bag, beady necklace and matching earings - just need the shoes now....
    And I found this absolutely stunning denim skirt - also Italian - the likes of which I have never seen. It's got lots of sparkly bits on it and although it's very fitted, the skirt has cut-ins made of delicate lace - it's a kind of mauvey bluey colour - I can't wait to wear it! I hope I feel this cheery on Monday...
    Tink

    By Blogger Tink, at 9:27 pm  

  • well Jonathan..only if you insist. I bought a great lime green gypsy skirt made in Italy with all the matching bits... top, bag, beady necklace and matching earings - just need the shoes now....
    And I found this absolutely stunning denim skirt - also Italian - the likes of which I have never seen. It's got lots of sparkly bits on it and although it's very fitted, the skirt has cut-ins made of delicate lace - it's a kind of mauvey bluey colour - I can't wait to wear it! I hope I feel this cheery on Monday...
    Tink

    By Blogger Tink, at 9:27 pm  

  • Just thought I'd say a quick hi, having just started my own hep c blog. Sounds like you and I share the need to get away from it all occasionally, Tink - I spend one night away each week - a break for those around me, and a chance to commune with nature. I find it therapeutic and refreshing! Good luck on Monday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 pm  

  • Welcome back Tink! Glad you had such a nice vacation. Hope your wknd goes by quickly and your Monday in London is so fun that the first shot is just a detail. The clothes sound v good! Sue

    By Blogger Sue, Toronto, at 11:53 pm  

  • Hi Tink,

    I have wonderful visions of you floating around bare footed in the Isle of Man looking like a glamorous gypsy in the style of Carmen. I always love shoe shopping in London and I am certain that you will find something to go with your new outfit.

    Don't forget once you start treatment you deserve a treat everyday. These don't have to be big treats but there is no harm in having big treats if you have to.

    If you get chance to hit Regent Street then I highly recommend a quick visit into Godiva chocolates, these are the perfect little mid week treat.

    Cheers
    Jonathan

    By Blogger Jonathan Colam, at 7:46 am  

  • Hi Tink,
    Good luck for Monday, Hope it all goes well.
    I'll be thinking off you.
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy Kay, at 8:55 am  


  • I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    By Blogger MATINA, at 10:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home