.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Early days

I am at the beginning of Day 3 – I know early days – but still no mark at all at the injection site. Better still, no flu either. I arrived home from London yesterday and set to and made bread and my energy lasted until mid afternoon and suddenly I needed a nap. I am a great believer in listening to and following your body so off to bed I went and had a nap. Fortunately, I woke up one minute before the bread was due out of the little oven – must have been that wonderful smell that woke me!

By the time Andrew came home, I had a bit of a weird feeling in my head. It’s like my head is the same size but everything in it has doubled in size and it’s all struggling to find a space. There’s no pain – just a weird fuzzy feeling. I didn’t feel like eating either. All those ‘Rise and Shine’ muffins I had imported yesterday have had to go in the freezer – just couldn’t face them. Andrew made me eat something …. It’s like being back at school dinners….. and I spent the rest of the evening watching a funny movie. I decided to take a Paracetamol before going to sleep in case my head exploded during the night – no points for martyrdom I thought.

I have woken up this morning feeling fine – eaten my muesli and fresh berries, drunk my camomile tea and now have my ribavirin pills and today’s appointment with the dentist to look forward to. I might even go and play Bridge this afternoon…..

3 Comments:

  • Hi Tink

    I remember in the early days complaining that my eyes were too big for my head.

    As you know I visit John Tindall for TCM he told me that the liver has two functions and switches between them at 3 in the afternoon and at 3 in the morning. Hep C sufferers are more attuned to their liver and notice this switch in function, which manifests itself as tiredness in the afternoon and waking from sleep in the morning. This certainly ties in with my experience. I realise that this may be more credible if I could remember what the two functions were but as neither of them had anything to do with shopping I could only summon up half an interest.

    Good to hear that treatment is going well for, it is early days but certainly not having flu from the first shot has to be a good thing. Yay.

    Jonathan

    By Blogger Jonathan Colam, at 8:43 am  

  • Hi Jonathan, I do admire you (and the other workers) for managing to cope with this and earn a crust. I had to give up my job last August as it just became so stressfull and was demanding 200% of me which I was totally incapable of delivering. Strange though, that I can shop all day.....suppose it can create stress when you can't decide on which colour!!
    This morning's riba have had no effect at all yet - I don't look that great though. I have two zits (and I never get these) and look very pale and wan. Thank god it's only 4 weeks before I hit the sunshine again.
    It must feel great to be so close to the end - lucky you! I hope you stay in touch when you are done and dusted - just to put a smile on our faces....
    best wishes
    Tink

    By Blogger Tink, at 12:43 pm  

  • Best of luck in your treatment. Glad to hear the side effects are manageable. I find the treatment to be "side effect-o-rama" - they come and go and get easier (this week) and harder (last week).

    We have a wonderful support system here in blogland, and we'll all be following your progress.

    And Jonathan, thanks for the comment about the two functions of the liver. My acupuncturist's due here in an hour - I'll have to ask her about it.

    Peter

    By Blogger peter, at 7:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home