.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Gym & tonic?

I felt a bit old yesterday. Everything was too heavy. I could hardly open the bank’s swing door – I struggled and struggled and finally a nice young man put me out of my misery and came to the rescue (mmm, being feeble does have its advantages, I thought…)

Pre-dinner is a bit of a bore these days. I used to sit and enjoy a glass of wine with dad whilst waiting for Andrew to appear. So to compensate, I’ve taken to bringing my laptop down and in between prepping dinner, I rummage around the net or whatever (play the latest game…). ..and sip my tomato juice. Yesterday, the laptop felt as though it was a lump of iron – I had to use both hands just to get it from my bedroom to the kitchen. And there was no way I was going to manage to carry the glass of water as well.

Earlier in the day, I had to abandon any idea of going to a meeting in my car – I couldn’t close the bonnet! How whimpy is that. Andrew had kindly left the trickle charger going on it and I managed to sort that but no matter how hard I tried I could not close the lid. Dad ended up dropping me off on the way to his game of whist. The good news is that pre tx I would have gone into an instant rage. Late for a meeting, Andrew’s fault……but yesterday, I took it in my stride. I felt the frustration but it never surfaced.

In an attempt to regain my physical wellbeing, I'm restarting my yoga class tomorrow. And today, car permitting, I'm off to play bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home