.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Hopes and fears

I feel so well – the best I’ve felt in a long time – it seems ironical that tomorrow I start my tx and pitch myself into my year long battle against this horrible little virus. I am a very positive person – always half full rather than half empty – but I know already that this isn’t going to be easy sailing for me. For a start, I hate taking pills – any kind of pill – they all make me feel sick and more than anything else in the world I can’t stand feeling nauseous. So, before I even start I know I’m going to find it hard.

Today was great. I woke up with the idea of swapping around the family room and the dining room. God knows why this had to happen today – especially as we had a bunch of folk coming for lunch. Andrew was game, so no sooner had the idea been borne, we were trundling rugs and furniture from one room to another. I was actually energetic – haven’t felt like this for ages! We had a wonderful lunch which lasted until past 6pm, lots of laughs, good food and wine and it left me with a sense of what life is all about really – great friends! I love entertaining so hope I have the energy to keep this up during the year.(I did stick to water.....)

I’ve got lots of hopes - too many to recount here but......I hope that out of all the bad stuff I learn more about myself. I hope I’m not too crotchety with hubby and dad. I hope I don’t kick the cats. I hope that the brain fog doesn’t prevent me from playing bridge. I hope that I can help with the awareness of HepC. I hope I can help remove the stigma as perceived on this little island. I hope I complete the tx. I hope I win the battle!

So, into the fray I go and if I have anything to do with it I shall come out victorious.

5 Comments:

  • Just having these hopes shows how aware you are of what's what and stands you well ahead of the game! I hope for victory for you too. Good luck with everything tomorrow.
    Sue

    By Blogger Sue, Toronto, at 10:58 pm  

  • Tink,
    I really hope all goes well today. Remember to take some paracetamol when you need it, it does make a lot of difference. Its injection day for me too today (number 6).
    All the best
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy Kay, at 5:32 am  

  • Thanks Sue & Wendy.....I fly off in a couple of hours and I have just realized (somewhat stupidly) that I will have to fly back with my needles tomorrow. It has certainly given me something to 'worry' about which has taken my mind off what is actually going to be happening later today....clever ploy or what? I am running around looking for cool bags etc
    Had my brekky in bed as usual and the sun is shining so day has started well....
    Tink

    By Blogger Tink, at 7:15 am  

  • Best of luck, Tink.
    Jane

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 pm  

  • Glad to hear you had a good time yesterday. Hope today went well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home