.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Monday, May 09, 2005

6 down- 42 to go!

We got back from holiday this morning and I have to say the break has done me alot of good. I feel very relaxed and rested and my appetite is back to normal - believe me, I am making up for all those skimpy meals of late!

I nearly didn't get to go..... we flew over to London en route to Fuerteventura and I popped into the hospital for blood tests before we flew on. The Professor called me during the afternoon to say that he wasn't sure he was going to allow me to fly as my haemoglobin levels were at danger point. A few choice words went through my head and after a long discussion he finally relented on the flight but reduced my Ribavirin dosage by 200mg. I was simply not getting enough oxygen which he thought would be exacerbated by flying. In the end, I was fine and I have to say that after a week on this lower dosage, I am feeling totally back to normal (which is probably why I am eating like a horse).

We stayed at the Golf Club in Fuerteventura - an oasis of tranquility. We did not even know the election results until we got back (no English TV, no papers.....). Just relaxing in the sunshine has done me a world of good. I managed to walk several miles a day, eat healthily and of course, stick to water.

We arrived home this morning and I went straight along to my local hospital for more blood tests. The Prof wants to put the dosage back up just as soon as he can. I have just done my 6th injection and I wish the blood tests were as easy. I have very small veins and everyone struggles to find a vein big enough. The lady at the London Hospital hit a nerve last week and it felt as though I had been hit with lightening - it's put me off a bit.

There was a message from the Newspaper....they are coming along tomorrow to take photos of us re the article. So I am sitting here wandering what expression I should use .. happy, sad, ponderous. I’ll think on it…..

3 Comments:

  • Hi Tink,

    Glad to hear that you had a good break and to escape the election what bliss, we flew back on election day so also missed the whole thing.

    As far as a look for the newspaper, how about that gypsy look you were playing with a couple of weeks ago, with a nice tan from your holiday it would work well.

    Cheers
    Jonathan

    By Blogger Jonathan Colam, at 8:11 pm  

  • Welcome back Tink,

    Sounds like a lovely and relaxing vacation. Hope the hemoglobin is back up.

    Congratulations on the upcoming article and photo-op!

    Sue

    By Blogger Sue, Toronto, at 9:15 pm  

  • Hi Tink,
    You sound in good form. Hope the blood test results bring good news.
    Wendy

    By Blogger Wendy Kay, at 9:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home