.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tink's journey with Hepatitis C

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The end of a journey

It has taken me about an hour to logon this evening - yes, I still have the remnants of fog-brain and could not remember my id or password. I persevered though as I wanted to write an 'ending' to my Blog. I have completed one hell of an interesting journey and how could I close the book on this part of my life without sharing my good news. I cried my socks off when both my GP and the Prof phoned to say that I am clear of HepC. I was told at the beginning that I only had about 55% chance of getting rid of it and this just made me more determined to be so so focused on just working through it. I was a total bore to myself and everyone around me for 48 long weeks but I stuck to the regimen - I took the poison on time - never missed a dose -I tried to eat properly - I drank water. Mainly I slept.

Here I am, 5 months since finishing the treatment and I feel great! I had my post tx tests at 3 months and 4 months (I don't think I could believe it the first time so had it done again just in case.....)and I will have it done again in September to get the final clearance.

It wasn't easy on me and it was no holiday for my husband, my father or even my friends. We all took a beating. The great thing is that they stuck by me (big hug and kisses to you all) and here I am thinking how bloody lucky I am to be alive.


The massive dose of chemicals has left me with Candida so sugar and yeast in any form have gone out of the window for the time being - small price to pay! All the other chemo-related symptoms have gone. I have energy, I don't feel sick, I can walk and breathe, I have a sense of humour and miracle upon miracle, no rage!!! ..... I feel 'normal' and it feels wonderful to be 'me' again.


Thank you everyone for all your support - I hope there's a rainbow at the end of your journey too.
love
Tink

11 Comments:

  • Hi Tink,

    What a great end to the 'story' Have managed to keep up with you via another on the Isle!
    Very pleased for you, enjoy.

    Carol

    By Blogger carol, at 6:24 pm  

  • Thanks Carol. I am most certainly enjoying every minute of being healthy again.

    By Blogger Tink, at 8:00 pm  

  • Tink, congratulations!! What wonderful news! Am so very happy to hear of your results and how great you're feeling. All best wishes for continued happiness,
    Sue

    By Blogger Sue, Toronto, at 8:36 pm  

  • Congratulations on winning your log, hard battle.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:43 pm  

  • whoops-

    meant LONG battle!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:44 pm  

  • Best of luck and happiness. I'm a relative of someone who can't clear, hasn't had success with the older or newer or combined medications, and is using to make it through. Through to where I don't know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 am  

  • Dear Girl, Just hang in there!. I have been negative for 6 years now. Interferon and rebatrol were my drugs of choice, with only a 40% success rate, and only another 40% change of my titer staying negative after I took the crazy stuff. But it worked, and like you, I will forever owe my wonderful husband and my sweet, sweet daughter who was only 10 at the time, They were my support and beleive me, if it weren't for my daughter, I don't know if I could have done it!
    I will remember you in my prayers.
    If you want to chat, write me at marianneruther@ymail.com.
    Marianne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:24 pm  

  • Tink, I just got the news in september of this year that I have Hep C, and apparently have had it for over 12 years. I am waiting on getting help for the cost of the Pegasys interferon. Then, I start down this road. A dear friend in California found your blog and sent me a link! Thank you for the devotion to your fellow man and your dogged determination to record your thoughts, feelings and experiences through this bad experience for our good! Rick in NW ARK :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:48 am  

  • Good to read your thoughts.Everyone has a journey to walk and not everyone's is rosy and easy...but there is better hope with advanced technologies and better research.

    By Anonymous gastric bypass surgery Los Angeles, at 8:36 pm  

  • I'M TOTALLY FREE FROM HEPATITIS B
      I’m Stephenie Brown, i was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 4 years ago, i lived in pain with the knowledge that i wasn’t going to ever be well again.I have used several antiviral medications include Entacavir,lamivudine but this could not fight the virus off me rather i got side effects of fever,muscle and joint pain.After  spending so much money on antiviral drugs but I never get better.I made a research on the internet for herbal medicine. AS I was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things I am restricted from doing, I saw a lady’s post on how Herbal Dr. JAMES cured her  from Hiv virus with his herbal mix medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....greatcureman@gmail.com....we spoke, i told him all that I have been going through and he told me not to worry that everything will be more better again so he prepared his herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through DHL courier company and told me the usage,after 21 days of completing the herbal medicine,i was totally free from Hepatitis B,I went to see a doctor for a blood test ,After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative,i just can’t deny that i’m the most happiest woman on earth this very moment ,i’m so happy and thanks to Herbal Doctor JAMES,He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Alzheimer's disease,schizophrenia,Autism.Bipolar disorder,  Shingles,Melasma,Underactive thyroid, Melanoma ,Cancer,Weak Erection,Wart Remover,Hpv,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Epilepsy,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd,Back pain,Nephrotic syndrome,Contact him on his email and get rid of your diseases,he is a good   Email...GREATCUREMAN@GMAIL.COM

    By Blogger Stephenie Brown, at 1:41 am  


  • I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    By Blogger MATINA, at 10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home